Lawn Care: How to Have a Healthy Lawn
Are you looking to have a healthy lawn? Industry information and statistics show that proper lawn care is essential to have a healthy lawn. Consumers in or near Sellersburg, IN 47172 should be aware of the following tips on how to have a healthy lawn:
1. Mow high. Set your mower blade to 3 inches or higher. This will help your grass develop deeper roots, which will make your lawn more drought tolerant and less susceptible to disease and pests.
2. Leave the clippings. Grass clippings are a natural source of nitrogen and other nutrients that your lawn needs. Plus, they’re free!
3. Water deeply and less often. Watering deeply encourages deep root growth. Watering less often will train your grass to be more drought tolerant. Water in the morning so the grass has time to dry out before nightfall, to minimize the risk of disease.
4. Fertilize sparingly. Too much fertilizer can actually harm your lawn. Use a slow-release fertilizer and follow the directions on the package.
5. Aerate your lawn. Aeration helps improve air and water circulation, and it also helps reduce thatch.
6. Test your soil. A healthy lawn starts with healthy soil. Test your soil to see what nutrients it’s lacking, and amend accordingly.
7. Inspect your lawn regularly. Be on the lookout for signs of disease or pests. Catching problems early will make them easier to treat.
By following these tips, you can have a healthy lawn that you can enjoy for years to come.